How to set up your XTrakR
Before you set up your XTrakR check your sigfox coverage. If you are not happy with the coverage DO NOT turn on your XTrakR. Contact us immediately to arrange its return and your refund. Once you have activated the XTrakR we are unable to provide a refund or exchange.
Setting up your XTrakR is easy, following these main steps:
Step 1: Download the App and Create a User Account
- Download the MyTagX App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Follow the prompts to create a new account
Step 2: Register your XTrakR
- Click the + New Device button
- Turn the XTrakR over so you can see the QR code
- Scan the QR Code with the App, or enter the SIGFOX ID on the XTrakR into the App
- Follow the prompts
- Click Add Subscription
- Choose Add Voucher Code
- Enter your 10 digit voucher code on the included subscription card.
- Your XTrakR will now have a 12 month subscription allocated
Step 3: Turn on your XTrakR
- Take your XTrakR outside
- Press the button for 7 full seconds - the LED should flash Red, then Green, then Blue and the unit is now ON.
- (IMPORTANT: if you press the button 3 times, the XTrakR will flash Blue, then Green, then Red and the unit will switch off, so please avoid this unless you want to )
- The first time it is turned on, the XTrakR could take up to 30 minutes to send its first GPS location - as it must initialise correctly and download essential GPS satellite path data.
- Leave the XTrakR outside until you get the first GPS position showing on the App.
If you don't get a location within 30 minutes take the following steps:
1. Make sure your XTrakR has a clear view of the sky
2. Press and hold the XTrakR button for at least 7 seconds - this will force it to take a GPS reading.
3. If, within a few minutes, you still have not received a GPS location, take the device for a walk or a drive. This will help it to connect to the Sigfox network and get a GPS position.
If the above still doesn't work, raise a ticket here so we can check the device has initiated correctly.