How to set up your XPress
Before you set up your XPress check your sigfox coverage. If you are not happy with the coverage DO NOT turn on your XPress. Contact us immediately to arrange its return and your refund. Once you have activated the XPress we are unable to provide a refund or exchange.
Setting up your XPress is easy, following these main steps:
Step 1: Download the App and Create a User Account
- Download the MyTagX App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Follow the prompts to create a new account
Step 2: Register your XPress
- Click the + New Device button
- Turn the XPress over so you can see the QR code
- Scan the QR Code with the App, or enter the SIGFOX ID on the XPress into the App
- Follow the prompts
- Click Add Subscription
- Choose Add Voucher Code
- Enter your 10 digit voucher code on the included subscription card.
- Your XPress will now have a 12 month subscription allocated
Step 3: Turn on your XPress
- Take your XPress outside
- Press the button for 7 full seconds - the LED should flash Red, then Green, then Blue and the unit is now ON.
- (IMPORTANT: if you press the button quickly 3 times, the XPress will flash Blue, then Green, then Red and the unit will switch off, so please avoid this unless you want to switch it off)
- The first time it is turned on, the XPress could take up to 30 minutes to send its first GPS location - as it must initialise correctly and download essential GPS satellite path data.
- Leave the XPress outside until you get the first GPS position showing on the App.
If you don't get a location within 30 minutes take the following steps:
1. Make sure your XPress has a clear view of the sky
2. Press and hold the XPress button for at least 7 seconds - this will force it to take a GPS reading.
3. If, within a few minutes, you still have not received a GPS location, take the device for a walk or a drive. This will help it to connect to the Sigfox network and get a GPS position.
If the above still doesn't work, raise a ticket here so we can check the device has initiated correctly.