How to set up your XTraK
Before you set up your XTraK check your sigfox coverage. If you are not happy with the coverage DO NOT turn on your XTraK. Contact us immediately to arrange its return and your refund. Once you have activated the XTraK we are unable to provide a refund or exchange.
Setting up your XTrak is easy, following these main steps:
Step 1: Download the App and Create a User Account
- Download the MyTagX App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Follow the prompts to create a new account
Step 2: Register your XTraK
- Click the + New Device button
- Turn the XTraK over so you can see the QR code
- Scan the QR Code with the App, or enter the SIGFOX ID on the XTraK into the App
- Follow the prompts
- Click Add Subscription
- Choose Add Voucher Code
- Enter your 10 digit voucher code on the included subscription card.
- Your XTraK will now have a 12 month subscription allocated
Step 3: Turn on your XTraK
- Take your XTraK outside
- Press the button for 3 seconds - release and after a short pause the LED will flash 3 times
- (IMPORTANT: if you press the button for 3 seconds again, the XTraK will switch off - so don't do that!)
- The first time it is turned on, the XTraK could take up to 30 minutes to send its first GPS location - as it must initialise correctly and download essential GPS satellite path data.
- Leave the XTraK outside until you get the first GPS position showing on the App.
If you don't get a location within 30 minutes take the following steps:
1. Make sure your XTraK has a clear view of the sky
2. Press the XtraK button briefly once - this will force it to take a GPS reading.
3. If, within a few minutes, you still have not received a GPS location, take the device for a walk or a drive. This will help it to connect to the Sigfox network and get a GPS position.
If the above still doesn't work, raise a ticket here so we can check the device has initiated correctly.